AFTRS-Australian Film Television and Radio School (AH Account)
About the Course
This course is designed for TV presenters, reporters, journalist and actors who already have some on-camera/presenting experience and wish to gain a higher level of skill and accomplishment. The four day, intensive course will provide practical experience, individual coaching and a broad range of practical tips and tools to help further your presenting career.
Your main tutor will be Tracey Spicer, one of the most experienced TV and radio presenters in the country. During her 24 year career, Tracey has anchored news, current affairs and lifestyle shows in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. But her great passion is teaching - Tracey has trained hundreds of business executives and aspiring presenters on the finer points of making it work for them, on camera!
The course, conducted in our state-of-the-art studios will include the following:
• on camera presenting practice, with a focus on gesture, stance, use of breath and voice, and developing an individual presenting style
• autocue training
• working between more than one camera
• writing and recording pieces to camera
• walking and talking at the same time – and hitting your mark
• working with interrupted foldback
• Intros, throws and back-announces
• conducting interviews
• how to ad lib from dot points to a certain duration
• dressing for camera – do and don’t
Course participants will also have the benefit of a session with a professional hair and makeup artist who will work with them to perfect their on camera “look”. They will have the opportunity to record a short piece to camera to take away to add to a showreel.
Feedback from students who did our most recent course:
"Due to your feedback, advice and reassurance I have made an immense improvement and transformation during these last few days".
"Fabulous course, nothing but good words to say…I have learnt so much more than I ever could have expected".